WHAT ARE THE SMASH AND E-MERGE PROGRAMS?
The Salem Methodist After School Hours ( SMASH ) Program has been providing quality child care to school age children since 1994. This program includes after school pick up from Eastover-Central, Armstrong Elementary and District Seven Schools. We have also extended our program to include 6th, 7th, and 8th graders picked up from Mac Williams Middle School in our e-Merge program. We are open until 6:00 p.m. on school days and from 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. on teacher workdays and some holidays. During Covid-19 we will be providing all day care for the weeks when children are participating in virtual learning.
As the Cumberland County school district works to prepare for the 2020-2021 school year we are also working to prepare our SMASH and e-Merge program for this year. We are following closely with the updates from the school district and the State of North Carolina.
We are preparing our programs by:
• Prior to opening all chairs are taken down from desks/tables in room and wiped down with disinfectant.
• All caregivers & Children have temps taken before allowed in building.
• Following questions asked upon arrival
o Do you have any Flu like symptoms?
o Have you been in contact with anyone who has tested positive for COVID-19 or has COVID like symptoms?
o Have you been out of the state or country?
o All their belongings (lunch boxes (for those who bring them), ipads, phones games ect. Are wiped down before entering the building daily.)
• Tables and chairs are wiped down after breakfast, lunch, afternoon snack, and at the end of the day.
• Floors are swept and spot moped daily with bleach water. (at end of the day)
• On Fridays at end of the day every room and hallways are fully moped with bleach water.
• Trash is taken out daily.
• Bathroom stalls are sprayed after each use with disinfectant.
• Bathrooms cleaned daily and spot moped in upstairs SMASH area and downstairs by the gym.
• Bathrooms are fully swept and moped on Fridays with Bleach water and all toilets scrubbed with cleaner.
• Caregivers ensure children sanitize hands hourly.
• All caregivers/children over the age of 11 will be required to wear masks (unless outside).
Parents do not enter the building unless there is an emergency, in the event of an emergency the parents will be required to have their temp checked before entering the building along with masks we have masks available if they do not have one. All check in/out is done contactless through the Brightwheel app.
Summer SMASH/e-Merge hours of operation are from 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Monday - Friday. Art projects, game time, outdoor play, computer centers, Bible lessons and swimming keep our summer kids very busy.
SCHOOL YEAR RATES
Registration Fee - $50.00 per family
Weekly Tuition - $110.00 for the first Child, and $100.00 for each additional child.
Registration /Activity Fee - $75.00 per child
$40 Field Trip fee
Weekly Tuition - $120.00 for 1st child.